The Maintenance Engineer (ME) is responsible for the general maintenance, operation and upkeep of the campground buildings, facilities, equipment, and grounds. They will commonly work with a team to ensure all aspects of the campground are clean, safe, and well-maintained and in good working order. The ME will use technical skills to troubleshoot and repair machinery, electrical systems, and other equipment. They also use technical skills to read and interpret technical manuals, blueprints and other documents related to their work. The ME will perform general carpentry, electrical, painting, and plumbing work and install new fixtures, equipment, and appliances as needed. They are also responsible for conducting the preventative maintenance program, handling guest requests and other work orders as assigned in a safe and efficient manner.
• Perform carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and maintenance/repairs to campground buildings, facilities, equipment, vehicles, and grounds as directed by the engineering supervisor.
• Inspecting equipment to ensure proper functioning of heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing, electrical systems, etc.
• Troubleshooting problems with equipment to determine the cause of failure and determine the best solution for repair or replacement.
• Installing new fixtures, equipment, and appliances as needed.
• Basic knowledge of electrical and plumbing equipment and installation
• Basic knowledge of chemical properties, handling and usage
• Basic knowledge of propane and gasoline dispensing