Tips from a KOA Campground
Campgrounds share tips for getting hired
- Use your full name as your username. Example: John and Jane Doe instead of “The Doe Team”.
- Keep each team member separate. Have an individual work history for each person.
- Give a list of three references with current contact info for the campgrounds to call.
- Spell check!
- Keep it simple. Don’t let your resume or cover letter be too wordy. Let them know which positions you want to work.
- Update your resume often.
- Post a picture of your rig.
- Request a work agreement. Have a written/electronic copy of compensation agreement with specific work dates and duties. Note: this is not a contract.
- Keep in touch with the campground owner or manager! It can be a while between your hire date and your start date, so it's good to keep in touch.