• Assist guests with registering, guiding them to their sites, and with other customer service needs.
• Keep a record of all events that occur on shift, in chronological order, for future reference.
• Sell and deliver ice and firewood.
• Keep grounds free from trash, litter, and debris, and empty trash receptacles.
• Ensure the cleanliness of grounds, landscaped areas, parking lots, restrooms, pool, and office areas.
• Clean campsites by performing minor maintenance tasks such as raking the campsite pad, washing tables, and cleaning out fire rings.
• Clean restrooms per housekeeping schedule and collaborate with housekeeping staff and communicate daily housekeeping needs. • Interact with guests and make recommendations for things to do in local area.
• Follow all safety guidelines for the operation of equipment and use of chemicals.
• Make minor carpentry, plumbing, and electrical repairs.
• Approach all encounters with guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
• Report all disturbances to management or in emergencies, to the local authorities without attempting to discipline or apprehend any campground violators.
• Prioritize tasks based upon importance and urgency with conscious planning and thoughtful decision making.
• Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Job ID 58919
The Night Host assists the guest services department, after normal store hours, by registering late arriving customers, selling and delivering ice and firewood, enforcing campground rules, picking up trash and emptying trash receptacles, answering the after-hours phone, responding to messaging services, doing basic housekeeping duties, and performing light maintenance and repairs. They provide accurate and concise information about park rules, recreation activities, and directions to destinations. This guest facing position requires exceptional customer service, a can-do attitude, and the self-motivation to work independently.