We are pleased to announce the criteria for the KOA Work Kamper of the Year Award.
- The Work Kamper nominee must have an active membership in the KOA Work Kamper Program. Their resume may be inactive only if currently working at a KOA Kampground. Also must allow for work kampers that are not full-timers, but work only in the summer months.
- Demonstrate loyalty to the KOA Organization by choice of campgrounds to work at.
- Demonstrate outstanding customer skills per the “Making It Great” Program. The Work Kamper nominee is an employee who goes above and beyond on the campground, is a team player and gets along well with peers. The KOA Work Kamper demonstrates positive energy and attitude proving to be an asset to the campground atmosphere.
- Implements the KOA Work Kamper Code of Conduct as developed at the Work Kamper University.
Work Kamper Award Questions that should be considered by person(s) nominating
- How long had the Work Kamper worked for you and your campground?
- What do you feel is their greatest customer skill?
- At check-in, are they friendly and helpful to the camper/do they escort the camper to their site and ensure that everything is ok?
- Are they alert to the needs of the campers and respond quickly?
- When they are working with their peers, do they maintain a friendly and helpful attitude?
- Do they offer assistance to a co-worker when they see the need?
- Do they show good work ethic?
- Check in on time
- Complete the assigned task in a timely manner
- Work well independently as well as in a group
- Exhibits a cheerful attitude always
- Responds appropriately to an emergency
- How well do they implement the “KOA Work Kamper Code of Conduct?”
- How well do they deal with difficult campers?
List an instance:
- What instance really made this Work Kamper(s) stand out?
- Why do you feel this Work Kamper deserves this award?
- Have your campers complimented this Work Kamper to you personally or in writing?
The award winner will receive $500 from the OA to cover some of the cost to attend the convention as well as a $100 gift card for travel expenses (this can either go to them or to the campground if they are paying their way) and two registrations into the Convention (courtesy of KOA).
Nominations should be sent to the KOA Owners Association Business Office, 3416 Primm Lane, Birmingham, AL 35216 or email.